This years’ world breeding championship for young horses (WBCYH) took place on the territory of Zangersheide in Lanaken, Belgium. The event was attended by jumpers and visitors from 21st until 25th of September 2022.
On Sunday, 25th of September, 5-, 6-, and 7-year-old showjumpers competed in the finals for the world titles.
The seven-year-old show jumpers’ final featured 40 competitors in total. The bay gelding Caillan, son of Casall out of Perle by Carry -Landgraf I, who had already won in Warendorf this year, was one of them. The gelding and his rider Björn Göran-Bengtsson (SWE) set the fastest time in the first round and did not spare any effort in the jump-off putting them in the lead.
Only two other combinations in the jump-off were able to complete another flawless round. German Christian Ahlmann and the Zangersheide-bred Dourkhan Hero Z and the Belgian Olivier Philippaerts with the Belgian warmblood Precious Dwerse Hagen. German riders were deprived a double victory because of a mistake made by Hannes Ahlmann, who was still quicker than Caillan with the Holsteiner Toulon daughter Tokyo.
In the jump-off of 6-year-old horses, six pairs jumped clear rounds. Gold went to Irish rider Ethen Ahearne on board the Irish Sport Horse ABC Saving Grace by Kannan x Cruising. Silver was earned by French rider Valentin Pacaud with SF-bred mare Garance de Vains. Bronze was secured by Alex David Gill who was competing with two VDL stud’s geldings. KWPN bred Lacoste VDL made it to third place.
A total of 47 combinations of five-year-old horses qualified for the final, while only 9 pairs managed to clear the jump-off. Ireland once again won first place in this class with the rider Gerard O’neill riding Irish Sport Horse-bred gelding Bp Goodfellas by Stakkato Gold x O.B.O.S. Quality. Silver and Bronze medals went to Dutch riders Olivier van der Vaart & Jarno van Erp. Oliver was accompanied by BWP gelding Ristretto vd Heffinck, while Jarno was jumping KWPN stallion Mindset Es.
For the complete list of the results click HERE.
Hey wait a minute, we have another tip for you!
You want to win cool prizes? ehorses gives away great prizes every month! Check it out here!
- Life with a Horsewoman: 22 Insider Tips!
- The heat is on! Tips for keeping your horse cool in summer
- Bareback Horse Riding: Go or Whoa?
- Why a vet check benefits both buyer and seller
- Navicular Disease in Horses: what it is and how to manage it
- Beetroot: Superfood for Horses
- 10 of the best horse movies ever!
- How (and when) to Take a Horse’s Temperature
- Spanish horses – differences between the P.R.E., the Andalusian & Co.
- Countdown to Foaling: Preparing Your Mare
- Tendon damage in horses: bringing your horse back to fitness
- Ask Yourself These Questions Before Buying a Horse!
- Backing and Riding Away Your Young Horse
- Nosebands: Which is Best for your Horse?