Dramatic scenes took place in Hertfordshire, England. Animal rights activists from an anti-hunting organization filmed a female rider beating a horse. The members of the organization posted the sequence on the web, where it caused horror.
Beating attack on helpless horse
The whole incident took place after a fox hunt. The animal welfare activists of the organization “Hertfordshire Hunt Saboteurs” were on the spot and had to watch how the animal was maltreated in agony. They documented the beating of the horse with the help of a video, which they shared on Twitter. In the post, they linked to the world’s oldest and largest animal welfare organization, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA).
Yesterday we filmed a @CottesmoreHunt rider kicking and punching her horse in the face.
Watched on by lackeys Will Ashmore and son Ed.
Violence running through their veins.@RSPCA_official pic.twitter.com/s37BlR4Hv3
— Hertfordshire Hunt Saboteurs (@HertsHuntSabs) November 7, 2021
In the video, the horse is seen desperately trying to distance itself from the rider. The woman responds to the animal’s backing away with kicks and slaps. The rider’s original goal was to get her horse onto a horse trailer. But it is clear from the horse’s behavior that the animal is afraid of the woman. The situation escalates so that the woman reacts with violence. She kicked the horse’s body, yanked on the reins and repeatedly punched the horse in the face.
RSPCA ist having a look at video sequences
According to the British newspaper Daily Mail, the video sequences would worry the RSPCA. This will now investigate the allegations against the rider along with the evidence. The British Hunting Authority has also been informed of the footage. According to them, the rider is not a member of their hunting associations.
- Life with a Horsewoman: 22 Insider Tips!
- The heat is on! Tips for keeping your horse cool in summer
- Bareback Horse Riding: Go or Whoa?
- Why a vet check benefits both buyer and seller
- Navicular Disease in Horses: what it is and how to manage it
- Beetroot: Superfood for Horses
- 10 of the best horse movies ever!
- How (and when) to Take a Horse’s Temperature
- Spanish horses – differences between the P.R.E., the Andalusian & Co.
- Countdown to Foaling: Preparing Your Mare
- Tendon damage in horses: bringing your horse back to fitness
- Ask Yourself These Questions Before Buying a Horse!
- Backing and Riding Away Your Young Horse
- Nosebands: Which is Best for your Horse?