A 30-year-old woman reported for careless driving. A collision with a van in Essex resulted in the deaths of two horses and significant injuries to their riders.
At 11.20 on Friday morning, Waltham Abbey’s Woodgreen Road was the place of the frightful accident. Police and paramedics were called to arrive as soon as possible.
According to an Essex Police spokesman, the equestrians were treated for severe injuries at the Royal London Hospital. Due to their injuries from the collision, the two horses had to be euthanized.
Although the van’s driver, a woman in her 30s, was reported for careless driving, Essex Police confirmed no arrests have taken place. Police are looking into what caused the collision, and the Crown Prosecution Service will determine whether to press charges against the driver. The police have issued a request for any evidence from witnesses.
Hey wait a minute, we have another tip for you!
You want to win cool prizes? ehorses gives away great prizes every month! Check it out here!
- Life with a Horsewoman: 22 Insider Tips!
- The heat is on! Tips for keeping your horse cool in summer
- Bareback Horse Riding: Go or Whoa?
- Why a vet check benefits both buyer and seller
- Navicular Disease in Horses: what it is and how to manage it
- Beetroot: Superfood for Horses
- 10 of the best horse movies ever!
- How (and when) to Take a Horse’s Temperature
- Spanish horses – differences between the P.R.E., the Andalusian & Co.
- Countdown to Foaling: Preparing Your Mare
- Tendon damage in horses: bringing your horse back to fitness
- Ask Yourself These Questions Before Buying a Horse!
- Backing and Riding Away Your Young Horse
- Nosebands: Which is Best for your Horse?